Timeout in CORBA_ORB_run ??

Hi

I'd like to CORBA enable an application of mine, which currently does
something like:

while (true)
{
  Task1;
  Task2;
}

Now, I cannot use CORBA_ORB_run as it is, since it would block
forever. Can I do something like:

long timeout_secs;
timeout_secs = 1;
while (true)
{
  Task1;
  Task2;
  CORBA_ORB_run(orb, &ev, timeout_secs);
}

I know that it's not possible as per the current implementation. Can some1
point me what else is the approach I should make ? I went through the mail
archives w/o much luck. I saw in one place I should use IIOP (add/remove)
ConnectionHandler. Could some1 give me some code samples ?? I guess it
would benefit many if such an example is checked-in to test/

Thanx

Sreeji

It said Windows 95 or better, so I used Linux !