Re: question about deleting objects

I think you should download first of all the OMG CORBA documentation.

I have been experimenting the last two weeks with CORBA, on Fnorb, using
Python, but CORBA is CORBA, that's the strength of it.

a) All objects must be created in a server process, with an object per server
policy or through a factory, multiple obects per server.

b) First you create the object in the way of the language of your server e.g.
obj = new ObjectImplementation (C++)
obj = ObjectImplementation() (Python)

c) Then you register the object with the BOA method obj_is_ready (the POA will have
something alike)

d) This means that only the server can delete the objects through the BOA or the POA.
After the object reference is deleted, the object 'obj' can then be freed using the
normal way of the language.

e) Thus, if you create a factory to make objects, you could add another operation
to your factory interface, which takes the reference on an object and frees both the
object as a CORBA object and as an implementation object.

I hope this helps.

Jurgen Defurne