Re: Event Server, Callbacks, ...

Here are some possible solutions:

If you used an event server (TAO has a standalone one that should work
fine with ORBit) you could do this:

Server object is a push supplier to the event service.

Client objects are push consumers of the event service.

When a change happens:

Server object pushes an event with information about a change.

Client objects all receive the event.

Client objects all take action as soon as they receive the event.

******
You can get around the lack of event service by doing this:

Server object has a "register" method.

Clients also implement a "receive notification" object.

At client startup:

Client creates the receive notification object. Client calls the servers
"register" method with a reference to the notification object.

When a change happens:

The server calls a method on all the receive notification objects it
knows about. This is kind of a pain because some of the objects may have
died mysteriously with their clients.

Hope this drivel helps.

Darrin

On 10/19/00, 9:08:52 AM, Marcelo CB <corbani async com br> wrote regarding
Event Server, Callbacks, ...: