Event Server, Callbacks, ...

In an application I'm implementing I have a server object holding a
frequently changed list, and I need the clients to be warned when changes
happen to the list.

It seems to me at first that I need something like an event-server, (
unavailable in ORBit ) but it is still unclear to me how would my client
'be warned' of the changes.

I thought the solution would be to have something like a server
thread in each client ( ORBit-mt ? ) and a client within the server ( the
list server itself ) to make the messaging delivery.

As you see, the thing is kind of messy in my head, and though I read the
Event Server chapter in the 'Advanced CORBA Programming ', the OMG spec
for the event services, and read some things Wilhelmi wrote, I seem not to
get it.

Maybe I'm just too dumb and need some help.

--
Marcelo Corbani de Barros                   corbani async com br
Async Open Source Development - Brasil