Re: SOLVED Beginner ORBit/C problems

Thanks to all who've replied, I learned a lot even if it wasn't directly the answer
to my problem.

The solution lies in the fact that I'm writing a C++ program;  the linker couldn't
find the functions because the names in the header were mangled - the gnorba.h header
is not protected against mangling with an  "extern "C" {}" block.  I don't know
anything about who SHOULD be doing that, so I took the attitude that "headers are
never to be modified" and did this:

extern "C"{
#include <libgnorba/gnorba.h>
};

and lo and behold, it compiled and linked ;)

Now to get on to more interesting things... like making code that actually does
something useful <g>

Chris Backas