RE: Beginner ORBit/C problems

Here's a general way to troubleshoot unresolved symbols:

Note that 'nm' will display the symbols in a given library. So you can kinda
search for symbols in libraries with it:

[gthomson mybox /usr/local/lib ] nm -o -C *.so | grep 'gnorba_CORBA_init'
[gthomson mybox /usr/X11R6/lib ] nm -o -C *.so | grep 'gnorba_CORBA_init'

(The -C flag demangles C++ function names)

Unfortunately, I'm not booted onto the freeBSD side of my box so I can't
show you the results ... try out a 'man nm'
It may be that you'll find them in the same libs that the gnome-config spits
out below, in which case, I can't help ya, but hey, you can't go wrong by
learning more .. ;)

Garret