Re: Communication Help

An ORBit IOR decoder would be really nice for diagnosing these problems.

Can you verify that the programs work when they are on the same host?

Is the SERVER configured to listen on a TCP socket? Use ~/.orbitrc as you
did or there is a command line variable that does the same thing. It
doesn't matter at all how the client is configured. It will find the
server from the info in the IOR.

AFTER you reconfigure the server you have to make sure the client is
using the new IOR. The old IOR will send the client to the wrong place.

I deleted my ORBit 5 source from my machine so I can't remember, is he
spelling ORBITIIOPIPv4 correctly?

Whomever it was that said that GNOME apps need to explicitly turn off TCP
sockets, I agree with them. I can see the wisdom of sticking with the
CORBA standard by default or providing an additional config file for
GNOME apps or something else like that. This seems to happen to newbies
way too often.

Darrin

On 8/29/00, 2:21:33 PM, Christopher Favret <chris_favret@yahoo.com> wrote
regarding Communication Help: