Interesting stats

I suspect Michael will be the one most interested by these...

After some hacking on orbit-idl in ORBit2, I got some interesting stats
for Bonobo's IDL. These are the number of times a data type is used
directly or indirectly as a parameter/return-type/exception in an
operation/attribute.

Since ORBit already shares exception marshallers by putting them into
separate functions, all IDLN_EXCEPT_DCL's should be ignored.

The relevance of these is to give an idea of how much duplication is going
on currently in the Bonobo stubs that could be fixed just by putting
marshallers into separate functions to allow code sharing between stubs.

If you want to play with this, the orbit-idl in ORBit2 will output the
info (although in a slightly more verbose format). I will try to also get
it to output an arbitrary metric of how big each data type would be.

Perhaps people can discuss how they want ORBit to make size/use-count ->
marshalling method (inline, shared function, CORBA_any marshaller)
decisions.

-- Elliot
DEAR IRS, Please cancel my subscription.

PathNotFound (IDLN_EXCEPT_DCL) 19
NotToplevelHandler (IDLN_EXCEPT_DCL) 19
sequence-of-IDLN_TYPE_OCTET (IDLN_TYPE_SEQUENCE) 13
sequence-of-IDLN_TYPE_STRING (IDLN_TYPE_SEQUENCE) 5
NotFound (IDLN_EXCEPT_DCL) 5
WrongDataType (IDLN_EXCEPT_DCL) 4
State (IDLN_TYPE_STRUCT) 4
NotSupported (IDLN_EXCEPT_DCL) 4
NoPermission (IDLN_EXCEPT_DCL) 4
sequence-of-ContentType (IDLN_TYPE_SEQUENCE) 3
NameExists (IDLN_EXCEPT_DCL) 3
IOError (IDLN_EXCEPT_DCL) 3
sequence-of-Property (IDLN_TYPE_SEQUENCE) 2
NoPermission (IDLN_EXCEPT_DCL) 2
IRect (IDLN_TYPE_STRUCT) 2
Geometry (IDLN_TYPE_STRUCT) 2
DRect (IDLN_TYPE_STRUCT) 2
Buf (IDLN_TYPE_STRUCT) 2
ArtUTA (IDLN_TYPE_STRUCT) 2
sequence-of-SVPSegment (IDLN_TYPE_SEQUENCE) 1
sequence-of-Point (IDLN_TYPE_SEQUENCE) 1
sequence-of-IDLN_TYPE_CHAR (IDLN_TYPE_SEQUENCE) 1
sequence-of-GnomeVerb (IDLN_TYPE_SEQUENCE) 1
UserCancelledSave (IDLN_EXCEPT_DCL) 1
SyntaxError (IDLN_EXCEPT_DCL) 1
SVPSegment (IDLN_TYPE_STRUCT) 1
ReadOnlyProperty (IDLN_EXCEPT_DCL) 1