Re: hippo-canvas dependency on librsvg 2.18

On Fri, 2008-06-20 at 13:16 +0200, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
> Hello,
>
> hippo-canvas seem to at least build with 2.16. What's the reason for
> the 2.18 dependency?
>
> We have people building Sugar on Fedora 7, which has 2.16.

As I recall, it's basically a random guess... subtracting a few numbers
off of what I had around to test. The exact librsvg requirement is more
likely to depend on the SVG files used then on the API we need to
compile against.

Making librsvg an optional dependency would also be possible; there are
already some provisions for that that I added for Windows. (It would
need to be an explicit --disable-rsvg though to prevent accidental
no-RSVG builds from missing dependencies.)

- Owen