Re: [gnome-love] Help to "jhbuild" gnome on Debian Wheezy

On 10/09/2013 10:52 AM, Mathieu Stumpf wrote:
Thank you for the link. It looks like this method require Boxes >=3.10,
while Debian, even in testing[1] only providve 3.8.4-1.
You don't need Boxes (though it'd probably be easiest) -- I think you
can use virt-manager as well. They both share the libvirt QEMU/KVM backend.

So it looks like a somewhat stable Debian environement and a GNOME
development environement are are currently mutually exclusvie.
Testing (although not Stable) is pretty stable. Debian Stable is geared
toward production rather than development by nature. Upgrading to
Testing would probably be a good compromise between ease-of-development
and quick fix.
Check http://www.0d.be/debian/debian-gnome-3.8-status.html
and
http://www.0d.be/debian/debian-gnome-3.10-status.html
I guess I
then will waste less time installing an other distro. I think most GNOME
dev use Fedora, don't they? Is there a particular distro/configuration
that you would recommand to me, knowing that I would like both a stable
environement and a way to involve in GNOME development?
Most use Fedora, but I'd recommend upgrading to Testing, and if things
don't work then try a different distro.

http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=boxes&searchon=names&suite=testing&section=all