Re: [gnome-love] Project management software for Gnome projects

On ו', 2013-03-29 at 12:45 +0100, Luis Menina wrote:
Hi,

Le 29/03/2013 10:35, אנטולי קרסנר a écrit :
I've been working for the past few months on a task management
application which makes it very easy and effective to use GTD, delegate
tasks to other team members, watch the team's work progress, etc. Before
Before I started it, I made a research. I couldn't find a free-software
application which did everything I needed for my personal usage
patterns, so I just started writing my own app.

Recently I made another research. This time I read about commercial apps
because I wanted to get more ideas for useful features. And I realized I
already got them all in my own app. Not implemented yet, but all those
ideas of task sharing and all the "advanced" stuff they offer, can
easily be implemented in the simple C++ gtkmm app I'm writing.

So I realized how close it is, and how simple. So before I dive further
into my project, I'd like to as you a question:

Task management and sharing, collaborative decision making and many
other relates tools can be extremely useful for a large organization.
Including the Gnome project. Does the Gnome project already use this
kind of tools? I've seen Gnome Live, the wiki pages, discussions,
brainstorming, roadmaps, etc. but there's a new, higher level of
software aided task and project management. Does the Gnome project have
an interest to use such technologies?

If it does use them, I'd like to see. I don't want to re-invent the
wheel (non-free existing tools don't count). If it doesn't need any such
tools, I'd like to hear why. And if you are interested in such tools,
I'd like to know. And especially hear about use-cases, feature ideas,
etc.

It's a bit hard to understand what you have come up with. Is that a mix
of https://live.gnome.org/gtg and https://live.gnome.org/Planner with
social features, or something else ?

Cheers,
--