[gnome-love] Adding libraries to existing projects

Hi everybody!

I am new to GNOME world and I am currently trying to contribute to gnome-control-center. The problem is that I need to use some libraries that are not included anywhere else in the project and I don't know how where and how to include them in configure file and Makefile, as I have never worked with such a big program.

Can anyone explain me a little the process I should follow to add those libraries or some resources that might help me? Any help is appreciated!

Thank you in advance,

Bogdan Ciobanu