Re: [gnome-love] friendly question

Hi,

On Tue, 2011-10-25 at 09:23 -0700, Russell Warner wrote:
Hello just a friendly question,  I know making a desktop environment
is a big task with alot of headaches but I was wondering in what way
will gnome 3 have a panel like interface that is like gome 2 in its
functionality rather then its form, as gnome 3 fallback does.

This is easier to answer if you tell us which functionality are you
missing in default GNOME3 that was provided by the GNOME2 panel. :)

  and will this theoretical part of gnome 3 ever support compiz and
applets again like gnome 2?

Compiz: unlikely, as mutter is quite tied to gnome-shell.

Shell extensions might be a way to go for some things that were applets
previously, as you mentioned already.

andre
--
mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed