[gnome-love] Idea about Gnome OS

I've been thinking about OS architectures for some time, and the
recent talk about a Gnome OS has inspired me to write down some ideas.
I don't really know how best to share these, so I thought gnome-love
would be a place to start, and perhaps someone could direct me better.

Since the whole thing is rather long, I'm linking to a (web published)
Google doc, rather than spamming everyone with 1000+ words they might
not be interested it. The abstract for it could be roughly:

If the Gnome experience applied to all levels of an operating system,
then that OS would provide a safe, usable and consistent environment
for both users and developers, in which just enough facilities are
provided by default. As more functionality is needed, the OS would
make this available, but would mediate its use, to ensure that the
user is not affected by either mistakes or attacks. A lot of ideas can
be adopted from Android and similar constrained platforms, but should
be adapted into a general purpose design.

https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1PHzU_A0g8JQZ0gWfYdR36Vwll88FvX11wNecRP7proc

Thanks,

--
Phil Housley