Re: [gnome-love] Running a testing jhbuild session in Xephyr

On Sun, 2011-02-27 at 23:01 +0100, Christian Kirbach wrote:
Hi.

I am building Gnome3 using jhbuild and run it in a Xephyr window with a
dedicated testing user account.
I followed section 3.3.1 and 3.3.2 from
http://library.gnome.org/devel/jhbuild/stable/jhbuild-and-gnome.html

It seems the test session has trouble connecting to the (distribution)
dbus: http://pastebin.com/W17f89i9 ,
 http://tinypic.com/r/hx80hs/7.

$install_prefix/var/run is a symlink to /var/run and did the same
for var/lib/dbus/ to make use of system services.

what am I doing wrong with the dbus stuff?

I don't know much about the dbus stuff. Have you made any customisations
to your gnome-jhbuild-session script? Your screenshot mentioned problems
with the session bus. This is a long shot, a stab in the dark - in your
gnome-jhbuild-session script, try replace this:

jhbuild run gnome-session

with this:

jhbuild run dbus-launch --exit-with-session gnome-session

The idea came from here:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnome.desktop/34428

--
Craig Keogh <cskeogh adam com au>