Re: [gnome-love] Enhancement of the gnome-search-tool

Pablo Castellano a écrit :
From the experience I have had, I would recomend you the "Official GNOME 2 Developer's Guide2", which you can find here:

http://home.cs.tum.edu/~siegel/files/tog2dg.pdf

I bought this one and wouldn't recommend it. By the time I bought it, a few years ago, it already had a fairly big amount of deprecated stuff in it. For exemple one of the first lessons in the book is how to use GMemChunk, which has been replaced by GSlice a few years ago. Same for libglade, and many other things.

One could read this book, but with a constant eye on the official up-to-date documentation on library.gnome.org to carefully check before reading that a chapter doesn't learn how to use deprecated API.

Cheers,
--
Luis