Re: [gnome-love] Enhancement of the gnome-search-tool

2009/12/7 Deepak Mishra <dpux4linux gmail com>:
Hello everyone !!

Hello Deepak

I am new to this list and would like to confess my ignorance in GTK
programming, but  I would like to get a start now.

Great :)

I am almost never satisfied with the gnome-search-tool and would love to
start my journey by enhancing this tool (in terms of functionality, not
looks). Can someone please guide me over how to start the work, where to get
the documentation related to the search tool , and what all I should be
studying in order to work over this project ? I had a look over similar
projects like beagle, but they dont get me any fair idea of GTK programming.
Hope you all will support a newbie's enthusiasm.
Thanks a lot !

Well, you can take a look to the code here: [1] (It's inside
gnome-utils package)
You can download the code with this command:

git clone git://git.gnome.org/gnome-utils

You have a complete guide to use git here [2]
The GTK+ documentation official tutorial is here [3] and API
documentation here: [4]

Hope helps,

[1] http://git.gnome.org/cgit/gnome-utils/tree/gsearchtool
[2] http://live.gnome.org/Git/Developers