Re: [gnome-love] Can't get jhbuild to run right

MHR wrote:

You haven't build dbus-glib yet, and the package you are currently
trying to build needs it. Make sure that dbus-glib is built first.

Without meaning to be difficult, shouldn't the build be set up to do
this automatically?  Isn't that the point of having jhbuild do the
work?

The new dependencies were added in revision 2095 (on May 13th), with
this commit message:

        * modulesets/gnome-suites-2.24.modules: added dbus and dbus-glib as
        libbonobo dependencies.  (closes: #532988)

This will cause dbus and dbus-glib to be built before libbonobo.

Are you sure your checkout of jhbuild is newer than that?

modulesets/gnome-suites-2.24.modules must have this definition for
libbonobo:

  <autotools id="libbonobo">
    <branch/>
    <dependencies>
      <dep package="ORBit2"/>
      <dep package="intltool"/>
      <dep package="gnome-common"/>
      <dep package="libxml2"/>
      <dep package="dbus"/>
      <dep package="dbus-glib"/>
    </dependencies>
  </autotools>

BTW, how do I terminate the build at this point - I've tried option 7
but I get another menu, and I tried option 3, but then it goes on to
other errors.  I wound up doing ^C a few times to kill the whole
thing, but that seems kind of lame and ugly....

ctrl-c is fine.

        Frederic