Re: [gnome-love] Can't get jhbuild to run right

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 9:19 AM, Claudio Saavedra <csaavedra gnome org> wrote:

It means that you should install git first. Try from packages for your
distribution, if they are available.

I remember looking but I don't remember what I saw - I /think/ they
are available, so I'll do that if they are.  Fred Peters, from the
GNOME development team, said I can safely ignore this particular issue
as git modules are rare and not in use at the moment.

FYI, I'm currently running CentOS at home but FC8 at work, so I can't
check until I get home.

You haven't build dbus-glib yet, and the package you are currently
trying to build needs it. Make sure that dbus-glib is built first.

Without meaning to be difficult, shouldn't the build be set up to do
this automatically?  Isn't that the point of having jhbuild do the
work?

If that's too contentious, how do I go about arranging <what?> to do
this (build dbus-glib-1 first)?

  [1] rerun stage configure
  [2] ignore error and continue to build
  [3] give up on module
  [4] start shell
  [5] go to stage force_checkout
  [6] go to stage force_clean
  [7] go to stage force_distclean
choice:

BTW, how do I terminate the build at this point - I've tried option 7
but I get another menu, and I tried option 3, but then it goes on to
other errors.  I wound up doing ^C a few times to kill the whole
thing, but that seems kind of lame and ugly....

Thanks.

mhr