Re: [gnome-love] (maybe)New program for viewing size of folders & files

On 11/5/07, Sergey <palitsin gmail com> wrote:
I've written a program for graphical view of size of folders & files as
a exercise in python.
There is one in kde. It shows info in tree-like slices of a circle.
My does the same.
Mabe it is bad tone to add pictures to mail on a mail-list but it is
better to see once)

If there is no such one for gnome this will do for a beginning I hope.

It is given a path. It investigates it for a long) time. (I didn't
measure the speed) . Then shows results. The depth of shown directories
may be set. (E.g. 3 subdirs.) Moving a cursor over the item shows its
path and size.

Small files and dirs are gouped to two items in the dir.

Congratulations on your program.  However, there is already a program
which does this called 'baobab' which is part of gnome-utils.

--
jonner