Re: [gnome-love] logging in to a jhbuild GNOME takes minutes

Jaap Haitsma wrote:

If I log into a freshly build GNOME 2.14 environment (built with
jhbuild) the login remains at the splash screen for several minutes.

Any suggestions what could be wrong and what I might do to solve this?

[1] Check for IP of localhost (127.0.0.1) and DNS entries
[2] If this is happening when machine is booting off and getting DHCP IP
check [1] above again
[3] Check the services that are getting started at run levels 3,4 and 5
[4] Check whether rpc calls/nfs calls/autofs calls are on

Additionally, create a new user - remove all .g* foo files (not .gimp
though if you have it) for the user as root from the virtual console and
then login as the user - see if the same thing happens

-SM

--

From Untruth, lead me to the Truth,
From Darkness, Lead me towards the Light,