Re: [gnome-love] Where to make a policy suggestion?

How about this as a simple and easy solution? Simply require any application to echo what its doing to stdout. That way when (and only when) a user launches an application from the command line it will display what it is doing. This will mean that no new windows will need to be created, and this won't bother basic users because they will never launch an application through the terminal.