[gnome-love] Where to make a policy suggestion?

-- I think I answered my own question by the time I finished the
e-mail so if you don't want to hear my idea, just send me to
/dev/null.

First a quick hello.  I've tried gnome on numberous occasions and have
always been put off by startup time and "bloat" preferring the simple
fvwm.  This most recent time with Ubuntu 5.10 and Gnome 2.12 I've
stuck with it for a couple days now and have tweaked enough
configuration that I'm comfortable.  Perhaps this time I'm here to
stay.

The reason I'm writing is a complaint I've had about GUI's in general
since I started with linux around '99.  They do too good of a job of
hiding the command line.  They are great in that the make the learning
curve more gradual and give you an idea of what is possible.  I think
that they could go a step farther though and do a wonderful job of
teaching the command line.

So here's the feature request I'd like to file:  The command line that
is to be run should be visible to the user before it is run.  For
example if I burn a CD in GnomeBaker, I should see the `cdrecord
dev=/dev/cdrom image.iso ...` line in a status bar underneath the
"start" button when I initiate the burn.

Where and when a command line should be stuck would probably vary by
application but I would like to see it become part of Gnome's Human
Interface Guidelines... and I think I've just answered my question.

So I'll step down off my "embrace the command line -- don't hide it
soap box" and send the suggestion in the appropriate direction.

--Dave