Re: [gnome-love] idea for a new project

On Sun, 2005-13-03 at 17:50 +0100, Jonas Geiregat wrote:
I'm starting to have doubts about ever lifting this project,
it's just that I want to write something usefull but the thing is
everything has already been writting ...

I saw your email first (due to timezone) and I wasn't going to write,
except to say that asking people here for comments is probably a bad
idea. But since you're feeling  demotivated, I think I should have sent
it.

Firstly, as you did before with the "useless" project, you need to write
your list applet because there is not better way to learn and have fun.
Linus never worried that anyone would want to use his toy kernel. Even
the  author of tomboy probably never thought it'd be that popular.

Secondly, just because I prefer paper or a txt file, doesn't mean no one
will use it, or its a bad idea. Good design doesn't come from 'fishing'
for ideas or support. It comes from believing in your own concept,
actualizing it, and refining it against reality.

So my advice to you: GO FORTH MAN, AND WRITE THE GREATEST LIST APPLET
KNOWN TO THE HUMAN RACE! Or at least have fun with it. ;)

Cheers,
Ryan