[gnome-love] Hi Gnome Love !

Hi everyone !

I talked 2 week ago with elijah newren, on #gnome-love about the difficulties a newcomer (even motivated one) could encounter in wanting to give some help on the GNOME project. It's still a bit difficult to know where to start... Information is just spread among many websites... Even the main page of developers.gnome.org doesn't talk about all the ways a newcommer can help.

So I tried to synthetize the information I found, for developers and non-developers, in my wiki page on live.gnome.org ( http://live.gnome.org/LuisMenina ) ... Please don't kick my ass because I used the wiki instead of posting on the mailing list first, I just wanted to see also what it would look like.

I tried grab info about all the ways people can help the GNOME project, but there's still some shaded parts... if people think I did well, then I'll try to improve what I see as an entry point into the GNOME community, and what I first expected from the Gnome Love wiki page (on gnomesupport.org or live.gnome.org).

Gnome Love tells it's "an initiative that aims to help people who want to get started contributing to GNOME. This page offers a collection of links to useful resources for aspiring developers, testers, documenters or simply GNOME enthusiasts."

I'm in the developers, documenters and enthusiasts group... But even being a developer myself, i found the front page too much developer-oriented... Hell... just give a look, it's just a little document that can be improved, but I just want to know if other people think this could be useful as a the gnome-love love wiki first page.

I see the current first page (except from the "general information part" wich I found common to every team) more as the content of the "developer" and "tester" section.

Don't think I'm just arriving and starting to have it all done the way I want, i'm not an arrogant person... and everyone is here to spread some love, isn't it ? :-)) This is why i'm here... All feedback is welcome, from Elijah and others, even to tell me it's useless because it's only information gathered from the other gnome sites (in fact IT IS), because the important word here is GATHERED.

PS : excuse my written english, french is my native language