Re: [gnome-love] jhbuild tutorial and daily build status

On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 23:44:18 +0200, Jaap Haitsma <jaap haitsma org> wrote:

I'm also a newbie, so can one of the more experienced gnome people come
forward to set something like this up?

If you just want to start up your own project, Gnome basically follows
the "Just Do It" philosophy.  For example, I decided a long time ago
that a more extensive triage guide for the bugsquad would have been
useful for me and might be useful for others.  So I just started
writing one up.  I put together just about everything on my own
website, and then emailed the bugsquad and asked them if they thought
it would be useful.  They liked many of the ideas.  So, I worked with
Andrew (the maintainer for the bugsquad pages) and we rewrote and
removed a number of things, did a lot of merging, but kept a lot of
stuff intact as well.  The result was that many of the things I wrote
became part of the current triage guide.

So if you want to do something, just start doing it.  People will
notice your efforts, and if they like them, may try to help out or
make your work more prominent so that others can make use of it.

Hope that helps,
Elijah