Re: [gnome-love] another new face

On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 10:37:13 -0700, Donald Raikes <don draikes com> wrote:
My particular areas of expertise are mostly in the area of accessibility (I am blind). I have worked with
perl and shell scripting, but have never had the joy of learning c or c++. I know some java as well.

It sounds like the accessibility team could really use you, both from
a testing and a coding standpoint (assuming, of course, that you
learned C); further, you are probably more motivated to work on such
projects than most people are and accessibility work always has need
for more assistance.  See http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gap/ for
more information.  I'm sure Bill would love any help you could
provide.

My primary area of interest right now is getting an easier method of installing gnome than having to build
it using jhbuild or garnome. I have tried both and come up empty-handed.

I am attempting to go through both processes and documenting my difficulties and the solutions found.

I have done the same.  You can see my write-up at
http://www.gnome.org/~newren/tutorials/developing-with-gnome/html/ch04.html
.  I'd be interested in seeing whatever you write up about it.

Cheers,
Elijah