Re: [gnome-love] At last... I made it...

On Wed, 2004-06-16 at 22:14 +0700, Melinda wrote:

I don't know what Makefile.old is, but Makefile.in is a generated file.
You should be using autoconf and automake, so you should only edit
Makefile.am. That is what Sean is suggesting.

I see hat you are using C++. Therefore prefixsuffix is a nice simple
example of this for you:
http://prefixsuffix.sourceforge.net/

Ok, I looked the example. The Makefile.am is like this:
SUBDIRS = src po help docs

There is more than one Makefile.am in most projects. You need to look at
this one.
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/prefixsuffix/prefixsuffix/src/Makefile.am?view=markup

It does what we have been suggesting.

My autoconf/automake documentation might be useful to you:
http://www.murrayc.com/learning/linux/automake/automake.shtml

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com