[gnome-love] C++ GNOME/GTK

escalante canada com wrote:
Like I said in another e-mail, it is my wish to convert all programs
from Qt to GNOME/Gtk. However, all of the libraries and programs I
have are written in C++, therefore, I will not be using GNOME/Gtk++ to
That's GTK+, not GTK++.

develope, but something called GNOMEMM and Gtk--.

It's called gtkmm now.

I have the widget
library installed, but there isn't much I can do with it; because
there is no documentation with the libraries.

gtk+ 1.2 builds reference documentation in the main distribution. gtkmm2
can build it in docs/reference if you have Doxygen installed. But it's
all online anyway.

There are also many examples in the released packages.

To make things worst,
nobody seems to know where or how to get information about the API
used by the wirdgets.

What are you talking about? A simple search should lead you to
http://gtkmm.sourceforge.net
where you'll find reference documentation, an FAQ, a manual, and a link
to a busy mailing list.

You'll find it easiest to start with gtkmm 2 rather than gtkmm 1.2:
http://gtkmm.sourceforge.net/gtkmm2/

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net