Re: [gnome-love] Re: Problems Printing at ECOMM-CAN

Definitly try 'dselect' or 'aptitude' to handle recommended
non-dependant packages with abiword, balsa, etc...
For the printing problem, please tell:
*) native postscript printer ?
*) ghostscript existing ? "dpkg -l gs"
*) enough ghostscript fonts ? (gsfonts + gsfonts-other + ...)
*) you should install 'cupsys' and 'cupsys-client' and
'cupsys-bsd' instead of lpd/lpr.. cups can emulate lpd, but is
far better than using /etc/printcap + apsfilter. Configuring
CUPS is don through http://localhost:631/ if cups server is on
localhost.

Maya:Maya wrote:

What other information would you need to make myself clearer?
I really need this problem solved; I have my boss breathing on
my neck! TIA

--
"Why don't you play this at the Bottom Line ? We will arrange
it."