Re: [gnome-love] submitting patches to maintainers

Chema,

On Tue, 2001-10-30 at 23:47, Chema Celorio wrote:
On Tue, 2001-10-30 at 19:56, Ricardo Amadeo Contreras wrote:

I've been testing out the Ximian Setup Tools cvs code recently, trying
to get them to support Mandrake 8.0... and I'd like to be able to
generate such a diff and send it to the maintaner (whoever that may be?)
in the hopes that mdk8.0 can become an officially supported platform.

We would **LOVE** to have MDK 8.0 supported.

Thanx for the reply.  I'll try and post a patch sometime but don't
expect it too soon.  there's a number of issues that I have to think
about.  (e.g., I've been regularly updating my system with mandrake
cooker packages so it's not longer a stock MDK 8.0 system)

Also, the backends are done in Perl, which, to be honest, I haven't
really worked with in years (having switched to Python long ago), so
debugging/hacking is very slow for me.

Thanx again for the encouragement.

Paz,

Ricardo

For XST please send i to the mailing list :
setup-tool-hackers ximian com
you can subscribe in :

Is there a recommended procedure?  ... preferred procedure?  ... is
there a documented process?

generate a diff with : cvs -z3 diff -RN -u5 > ../file.patch and send it
to the list.

love,
Chema