Re: [gnome-love] Graphical su utility for GNOME (updated)

On Wed, Oct 24, 2001 at 05:12:18PM +0200, Hongli Lai wrote:
Kdesu is way too complex to port, so I rewrote gnomesu from
scratch this morning.
The result is here:
http://members1.chello.nl/~h.lai/gnomesu-0.1.0.tar.bz2

This version depends only on gnome-libs, and is fully GPL'ed.
It use the ZvtTerm widget to emulate a terminal to pass
a password to su, so no dangerous setuid root stuff.
There are still minor things to be done, but it works
pretty well.

Comments? Suggestions?

Nice that it is now only has GNOME and system dependencies. And it looks
to be much shorter, too. Looks like the rewrite was a good idea. :-)

I'm going to read over the code in more detail later on.

BTW, when I send email to this list, there's a huge delay
(12 hours!). Is this a common problem or is this list moderated
or something?

Yes, it is moderated. The two moderators live in time zones that are 12
hours apart, so most messages get approved within a few hours, but it's
not instantaneous. If faster responses are important on development
questions, then the gnome-devel list is probably the most appropriate.

Cheers,
Malcolm

--
A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.