Re: [gnome-love] help installing gnome 2.0 libs

Malcolm Tredinnick wrote:

On Wed, Oct 31, 2001 at 10:06:50PM -0800, Josh Steiner wrote:
I'm setting up a machine at home to start helping the Nautilus 2.0
port.  I read somewhere that someone was working on a porting guide and
that they might post it in incomplete form somewhere, does anyone know
where I might find that?

Someone is working on it ... me. Unfortuantely, I've had a slightly bad
run of being sick and then busy at work. So it stalled slightly. :-(

People who are porting stuff to 2.0 might also want to cast their eye
over the "How to Make your Apps Accessible" doc, which is in a draft
form here:

http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gap/guide/gad

Making your app accessible is obviously less important than getting it
to compile and run at this early stage of the porting process (although
Bill might disagree :o).  But accessibility is a core feature of the
GNOME 2.0 desktop, so it's probably worth familiarizing yourself with
the (hopefully minimal) work you'll have to do a little further down the
road to make sure your app plays nicely in this respect.

Cheeri,
Calum.