Re: [gnome-love] New feature

On 25 May 2001 11:21:52 +1200, Luke Hutchison wrote:

That's a very valid point, assuming that you already have a document
embed.  However you would have to either create a document in the first
application, save it to a temporary file, and insert that temporary file as
an embedded component in the second application, or create a "New" empty
embedded object in the second application which can then be edited in-place
<snip>

OS/2 used templates to gernate new documents. You just draw them from
the template folder to whereever the file shall be, and open it like any
other file.

[As an aside: Back in 1987 RISC OS had a panel (Task Bar) and windowing
system very similar to GNOME's today, and way before W95 came out with some
similar stuff (remember this is in the days of W3.1).  We share some common
philosophies and I think it would be worth it for some GNOME UI people to
check out the RISC OS Styleguide.]

Can you give us some URLs?