[gnome-love] [Draft] gnome-love status report

[Dave, kevin, juan pablo, miguel, dietmar :
There are FIXME items for you to fill out, see below.
or grep for "FIXME"]

I have wanted to send a status report about the progress made by
the gnome-love initiative for some time, but have not found the time
to do so. Well, here is my first draft. This IS NOT finished, simpli
because i don't know everthing that is happening related to gnome-love
so i send it here for people to comment and send me more items. We
can later send the status to gnome-hackers or gnome-announce or something.

Please don't publish the URL just yet, lets wait till it is finished.

love,
Chema
---------
gnome-love status report

    Three months have passed since miguel announced the gnome-love project
at GUADEC and i thought that it would be a good time to write up a status
report about the accomplishments of the gnome-love project. It is very
exiting to see all this contributors give love to GNOME and I though that it
would be a good idea to write a status report.

Just to try it to make the report accurate, i thought that maybe we should
have an explanation about how much work has a gnome-lover done. If this
sounds rude to someone we can delete it from the final version. Maybe it
is too rude to "label" contributors in categories. What do you think ?

There are 4 "levels" of contributors.
Level 4 : has shown interest, no code has been received yet.
Level 3: code has been sent, but not yet applied to the cvs
Level 2: code has been sent and applied to a project. We have a winner here.
Level 1: watch out for this guy, he is on fire.

Oh, i don't have time to drive this status report till the end, i have been
realy busy, but this is a good task for someone not-so-technicaly inclined.
Any takers ? Oh, if someone taks it please add an item for "wrote this
status report" ;-).

Feel free to send a message with "I've done this and that" speak up.

(items are in no particular order.)

- procman :

One of the tasks in the todo system was to write a simplified version of
gtop. This is NOT a replacement for gtop, i think geeky guys will always
want to "feel the power at their fingertips", but this is a less powerfull
yet
easier to use version of top. Well, Kevin Vandersloot [1] took the job
and has uploaded thework to the GNOME CVS.
FIXME: Kevin: we need to mention any guys that have helped out, if any.

- glade2

Lots of guys responded to the call for hacking on the new version of glade
that will work on gtk 2.0. This project is going really well. Led by Chema,
glade2 now has 4 contributors sending patches.

Shane Butler (2): wrote the signals editor, the signals are queried from
gtk and displayed in a gtk tree view.
Archit Baweja (2): ported from gobject the code to get and initalize a
widget type from a library. He is cleaning the current XML files too.
Nel Mock (3): Has been working on XML io for glade. He has made
good progress already.
Michal Palczewski (2): coded the window for dislpaying the widget tree
view and random bugfixes.

This project is starting to take off. Chema has not been able to keep
up with the patches so he started forwarding people that responded
to gIDE.

- gIDE

FIXME: dave : can you write a couple of lines here ?

- XST porting to Mandrake 8.0

Lee Mallabone (4) is working on testing/proting for the XST tools to
Mandrake 8.0.

- Gnome-games

Juan Pablo Mendoza (1) which by coincidence was mentioned as an example
in the "its all about the medals that you are wearing" started sending
patches like crazy, itp could not keep up with all the patches he send. He
was
given a cvs account later on, and now is the maintainer for gnome-games.

FIXME: juan pablo: Is this realy part of gnome-love ? I don't know how much
of this was trigered by gnome-love or not. If it isn't we need to remove it
for accuracy.

- Bonobo Browser

FIXME: miguel or dietmar: i dunno the details or this task but i know
someone did a kick ass job here. Can you write a couple of lines about
this ?

- Control Center

Manuel Labade (4) and Luis Manuel Benitez (4) are going to help out with the
control center revamp. Roberto Majadas is helping them compile the HEAD
branch of gnoemcc. They will be working with Richard Hestilow and
Bradford Hovinen.

- Other tasks

FIXME: add here

I am sure there are some tasks that i am forgeting, i'll send it as it is
now for other people so that we can start shaping it up.

love,
Chema