[gnome-love] gnome clipbook program?

A friend and I started writing a program we call "clipbook" over winter
break, but never finished it, because we couldn't resolve a couple technical
problems.  But, I want to finish it, and thought that gnome-love might be a
place that can help.  Basically, clipbook (my current stuff is at
www.crocker.com/~rmuldoon/clipbook/) is an xclipboard replacement, with a
bunch of extra nice features.  My problem, however, is that I have no idea
how to do CLIPBOARD support.  I want to support CLIPBOARD rather than
PRIMARY, as that seems like the correct way to go.  Any help would be very
much appreciated.  Whether it is a clear example app that can grap CLIPBOARD
stuff, or a patch to make clipbook do what I want it to do, I'd be psyched.

Here is a little background on clipbook:
right now, it just supports text.  But it has a configurable history size,
and offers several ways of switching between pages.  It's all done in glade
and C.

My end goal is to have it be a bonobo component.  I'd like it to be able to
view arbitrary data, by loading the correct view for the mime type.  Ideally,
I'd like to make it for gnome 2, and take advantage of monikers and all of
that good stuff, so we have a very complete solution to cut+paste.  Gnome
Office would find this invaluable, I think.

Even more bluesky is the following: allowing multiple users share a
clipboard, so people can work on documents together.  supporting drag and
drop of files or file fragments would be cool too.

I'd love to hear from anyone that can help me out with this.

     --Ryan

http://www.mail2web.com/ .