Re: System-Wide 802.1x configuration?

Yes, you understand correctly, I (and my team) provision and pre-configure machines for employees.

What I mean by “globally system-wide” is I want to configure 802.1x and have it work regardless of which ethernet interface in the machine that’s used. I’d rather not have to have multiple configurations for multiple interfaces.

From what I understand from your reply this should be possible.

This sounds like exactly what I’d like to do:

"For example, if you have an ethernet profile that does not specify
"connection.interface-name", then it would apply to any ethernet device
(unless it's restricted via some other property, like "ethernet.mac-
address", "match.*"). It would sound, that you want that your profile
is applicable to any device.”

Now I just have to figure out how to do it.

Thanks Thomas!