Re: PPP over ATM support

Le 22/06/2021 à 18:18, Beniamino Galvani a écrit :
On Tue, Jun 22, 2021 at 04:58:12PM +0200, Denis Prost via networkmanager-list wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm connecting to the internet through an ADSL speedtouch USB modem which
uses PPP over ATM (pppoa).

[...]

Is pppoa supposed to be supported by NetworkManager ? If yes, how can I add
a pppoa connection ?
Try something like:

   nmcli connection add type adsl username myuser password mypass protocol pppoa

See 'man nmcli' and 'man nm-settings' for more details.

That said, ADSL support in NM didn't have much development and testing
in the last years and so I'm not sure if it still works well.

Beniamino

Thanks Beniamino,

I succeeded creating the connection with nmcli, following your advice.

Here is the command that did the trick, with my internet provider settings :

nmcli c add save yes type adsl protocol pppoa username <username> password <password> ifname speedtch0 adsl.encapsulation llc adsl.vpi 8 adsl.vci 35

The only minor problem left is that this connection is not listed in nm-applet GUI, so I have to use the command line to manage it. Do you know if there is a way to have it appear in nm-applet GUI ?

Regards,

Denis