Re: nm-openvswitch on debian/ubuntu

I found this error in the logs : ovsdb: Could not connect: No such file or directory

My ovsdb's unix socket is in /var/run/openvswitch. I don't think Network Manager is expecting another path but if it is, where do I change that ?

Thanks.

Le mer. 28 juil. 2021 à 12:57, Thomas Haller <thaller redhat com> a écrit :
Hi,

On Wed, 2021-07-28 at 12:41 +0200, Sohaib E. wrote:
> Thank you for your quick answer.
>
> I have compiled NetworkManager's package myself but I still faced some
> issues deploying an ovs bridge.
>
> Besides the NetworkManager-ovs.conf (openvswitch-switch.service instead
> of openvswitch.service), what other settings must be modified for this
> to work ?

I don't think anything else is missing.

Obviously, you need to create connection profiles, read `man nm-
openvswitch` about that ([1]). And, you'd activate the right profiles
(`nmcli connection up` and watch current setup with `nmcli device` and
`nmcli connection`).

Other than that, nothing comes to mind. As always when debugging
NetworkManager, enable level=TRACE logging and read the log. See [2]
for hints about logging.

Maybe the path to ovsdb's unix socket is different on the system? That
is currently a compile time constant. You should see that in the
logs...

[1] https://networkmanager.pages.freedesktop.org/NetworkManager/NetworkManager/nm-openvswitch.html
[2] https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/NetworkManager/NetworkManager/-/blob/2d879c1ac5d907fe184898b23693fb8148363645/contrib/fedora/rpm/NetworkManager.conf#L27

best,