nm-openvswitch on debian/ubuntu

Hello,

I'm trying to use Network Manager to deploy ovs bridges on debian/ubuntu.

I understand that Network Manager itself do not have such a feature and needs an additional plugin called nm-openvswitch. Nevertheless, this plugin is not available on debian/ubuntu and, therefore, I was wondering if there was any workaround to deploy ovs bridges using nmcli on ubuntu/debian or to install nm-openvswitch on ubuntu/debian.

Thanks.