Re: traffic statistics by network connection

Thomas Haller wrote:
On Fri, 2021-07-23 at 11:59 -0400, David H Durgee wrote:
 Looking at the documentation for ip xfrm it appears that I should be
able to issue commands:

 ip xfrm policy list
 ip xfrm state list

 When I attempt to use them from my login I get an "operation not
permitted" error, so I assume I must use sudo for them to work.
Before
I do so can someone confirm for me that these particular commands are
safe to use and will not impact system operation?
yes, these commands would only query the current configuration and not
change it. They are thus safe... at least, to the best of my knowledge.

best,
Thomas
I first ran the commands without the VPN up and they returned nothing.  Bringing up the VPN and running them again returned the attached outputs.

I am not trained in reading these reports, but what I see does appear to indicate that the VPN is indeed functioning and handling the traffic as requested.  If someone who is trained could confirm this for me I would appreciate it.

Dave