Re: Set permanent route to IPv6 subnet on interface

26.03.2020 11:15, Jeremy Ardley пишет:
What is the best NetworkManager method to add a permanent route to an
ipv6 subnet on an interface?

I can add a temporary route outside of NetworkManager thus:

ip -6 route add 2001:db8:c111:b000::/56 dev eth0

Many aspects of IPv6 implicitly expect /64 network prefix. If this is
what your router advertises, it likely explains why autoconfiguration
does not work in you case.

Where should this be done in NetworkManager and what is the correct syntax?

Works for me if I define static route with :: (empty) gateway. :: is
shorthand for all zeroes. Where to define static route depends on used
frontend, but normally you should have IPv6 tab which also Routes button.

bor@tw:~> nmcli -g ipv6.routes con show Wired\ connection\ 2
fd01\:2345\:6789\:ab00\:\:/56 0
bor@tw:~> ip -6 r
::1 dev lo proto kernel metric 256 pref medium
fd01:2345:6789:ab00::/56 dev enp0s5 proto static metric 1024 pref medium

(in this instance the interface eth0 also has an assigned ipv6 /128
address in the subnet range)