Re: NetworkManager-ovs plugin for Debian based systems

On Tue, 2020-02-18 at 16:23 +0100, Dimitrios Markou via networkmanager-
list wrote:
Hello all,

I am trying to configure ovs bridges and ports through networkmanager
cli. When I execute the commands the status I get is successful but
when I run the ovs-vsctl show Now bridges are configured.

I assume that I need a NetworkManager-ovs plugin like this [0] but I
cannot find something similar for Ubuntu systems. If there is no
plugin package for debian based systems can somebody point to the
source code for this plugin and i will try to build it form source.

Hi,

You don't mention which Ubuntu version. But regardless of that, Ubuntu
packages don't seem to include the OVS plugin ("libnm-device-plugin-
ovs.so").

These device plugins don't have a stable ABI. That means, you usually
also need to build a matching NetworkManager (or, take very very good
care that the NetworkManager you run is ABI compatible with the plugin.
But no, just rebuild NetworkManager too).

I would suggest you rebuild the Ubuntu source package, and adjust the
package to include the OVS plugin. I don't know how to do that, but
this is more a general Ubuntu packaging question.
For autotools, you'd pass `--enable-ovs` to `./configure`.
For meson, it's -Dovs=true

Otherwise, it's all part of core NM at https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/NetworkManager/NetworkManager/

best,
Thomas