Modem stays connected when NM sets connection down

Hi,

I’ve got some problems with my gsm-connection, managed with NetworkManager and ModemManager.

When my connection comes up after boot, the connection works and i can ping my targets via gsm.

Now, when i disable the connection and reactivated it, NetworkManager says, it is connected, but i’m not

able to ping any of my targets, as before.

So when i disable my connection with ‚nmcli con down test‘ the Connection 'test' successfully deactivated

When i see mmcli –m 0, the state of the modem is still connected, not registered as expected.

Debug log also says ‚networkmanager modem-broadband[cdc-wdm0]: failed to connect modem: Failure‘

I think that causes the problem, that when i try to reconnect my gsm-connection it says it is

activated successfully, but i’m not able the get any communication on that interface (ping a target is not able).

When i reboot the device and my connection is up, it works without problems.

I’ve got these versions:

NetworkManager 1.22.10

ModemManager 1.12.8

libmbim 1.22.0

Kind regards,

Tobias Becker

______________________________________

Tobias Becker

GÖRLITZ Aktiengesellschaft  Member of VIVAVIS  |  August-Thyssen-Straße 32  |  56070 Koblenz  |  Deutschland

T: +49-261-9285-355  |  M:   F:

Mail to: Tobias Becker goerlitz com  |  www.goerlitz.com

Vorstand  |  Executive Board: Jörg Figge (Vors.), Harald Herrmann und Michael Schambach

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates  |  Chairman of the supervisory board: Norbert Wagner

Registergericht  |  Court of registration: Koblenz HRB 5346

Umsatzsteuer-ID  |  Tax ID: DE 186497049

Steuer-Nr.  |  VAT: 2265121984

WEEE-Registrierungsnr.  |  WEEE registration number: DE 22930508

Unsere Datenschutzerklärung finden Sie auf unserer Homepage.

Our privacy policy can be found on our homepage.

Immer up-to-date mit unserem Newsletter! Hier geht‘s zur Anmeldung.

Always up-to-date with our newsletter! Click here to register.

   Bevor Sie diese E-Mail ausdrucken, überlegen Sie bitte, ob dies wirklich erforderlich ist.
        Please think before you print
.