Re: how to pass env var to vpnc plugin

On Sat, 2019-10-12 at 11:03 +0200, Martin Koller wrote:
Is there somewhere documentation on how I can set an env var which
shall be passed
to the vpnc plugin when activating a VPN connection ?
In nm-vpnc-service-vpnc-helper.c I found
      tmp = getenv ("INTERNAL_IP4_MTU");
which should allow me to change the MTU since I can not configure the
MTU via the NM settings.

Hi,

it's not intended that you set environment variables that way.

Of course, you can replace

  /usr/libexec/nm-vpnc-service-vpnc-helper

with a wrapper script and set it there.

You may also replace one of

  /usr/libexec/nm-vpnc-service
  /usr/sbin/vpnc

if that suits you better.

You could also set the MTU via a dispatcher script instead. See `man
NetworkManager`. Either way, it's not nice.

best,
Thomas