how to pass env var to vpnc plugin

Is there somewhere documentation on how I can set an env var which shall be passed
to the vpnc plugin when activating a VPN connection ?
In nm-vpnc-service-vpnc-helper.c I found
        tmp = getenv ("INTERNAL_IP4_MTU");
which should allow me to change the MTU since I can not configure the MTU via the NM settings.
--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin
A: Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion
Q: Why is top posting bad?

/\                        - against proprietary attachments

Geschenkideen, Accessoires, Seifen, Kulinarisches: www.lillehus.at