Re: [RFC] [nmstate] Linux routing in nmstate

On Mon, Mar 04, 2019 at 05:58:01PM +0100, Thomas Haller wrote:
On Mon, 2019-03-04 at 22:11 +0800, Gris Ge wrote:
 * Top tree is 'routes', and subtree is 'ipv4' and 'ipv6'.
   Even the IPv4 and IPv6 route entry are mostly identical, but we
need
   schema to differentiate the 'destination' address type in a simple
   way.

Hi,

  {
    routes: {
      [0] = {
        addr-family: ipv4,
      },
    },
  }

I think the answer is "yes".
I agree. But Edward has some concern about how to enforce the
'destination' format if we unified the route, which I think we can lose
the schema on the destination to string let runtime do the syntax check.
"protocol" possibly should still be renamed to "source". Or "origin"?
The origin is better. Source might confuse with source routing.

best,
Thomas

--
Gris Ge