Re: spamming router with router solicitations

On Tue, Jun 18, 2019 at 02:24:09PM -0400, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
On Mon, 2019-06-03 at 14:17 -0400, Brian J. Murrell wrote:

I think I had it set to DEBUG.  Let me see if I can reproduce with it
set to TRACE.

I have to correct myself.  It was set to TRACE.

It goes up quite a bit.  More indication that it is NM.

CPU is pegged between NM, journald and one other unrelated process.  I
assume without the latter, NM and journald would monopolize the CPU.

So I don't really know what's going on here.

But really, given all of the time I have spent on this, the path of
least resistance is probably just rate-limiting the RSes at the router.

What's a reasonable number of RSes to allow in a given time-frame?

1/sec burst 5 seems to be keeping things under control on both the
router and the machine suffering this NM problem.

Sounds ok.

Which kernel version do you have on the EL 7.6 machine?

B.