Re: Issues with LT4120 modem on 5.2 kernel.

  Bearer   |               dbus path: /org/freedesktop/ModemManager1/Bearer/0

In modemmanager I can see that I am getting an IP address. But NetworkManager's DHCP refuses to find it:

A long shot, but this could be a mismatch in the link layer protocol
between kernel and device. ModemManager will only request to use DHCP
if the link layer protocol is 802.3, and that will only happen when
using kernel >4.4 if the device itself is specifying that 802.3 should
be used. Maybe there is something wrong in the logic somewhere and
your device is really running in raw-ip mode instead of 802.3?

What's the output of these commands?
sudo qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 -p --wda-get-data-format
sudo qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --get-expected-data-format

--
Aleksander
https://aleksander.es