Persistent nm connection activation on a system with read only filesystem

Hi,

I'm new here so I'm not sure if the topic has been discussed before.

I am working on a Debian 9 / GNOME system with read only filesystem.

Changes to the network settings (e.g. via nm applet) are therefore lost when restarting the system.

The question now is, where does the NetworkManager store the information about which network connections have been activated in order to be able to persistently store this location?

Thank you in advance for your support.

Ingo Zerrer